Call For Abstracts
We are calling out to health care professionals and consumers to present their research in best practice survivorship care at the LCANZ 2021 Conference.
The conference theme is “Breastfeeding IMPACT: Infants, Mothers, Professionals, Assistance, Culture, Teams”
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Download the abstract submission guidelines here >>
- Abstract submission opens: 18 March 2021
- Abstract submissions close: 26 May 2021
- Notification to authors: First week of June 2021
- Supporting lactation and breastfeeding for pre-term infants in the NICU.
- Topics related to donor milk and expressed milk
- Breastfeeding exclusivity and duration.
- Evidence to inform breastfeeding policies.
- Topics related to the International code of marketing of breast milk substitutes and
relevant WHA resolutions.
- Original investigative research studies related to breastfeeding and human milk
- Clinical skills for supporting breastfeeding mothers and babies, including case studies
- Perinatal maternal infant mental health
- Baby Friendly Health Initiative,
- Community and peer support
- National strategies and initiatives.
- Continuity of care and other models which support the breastfeeding dad
Authors are invited to submit abstracts for
- Oral Presentations (20-minute presentation, including 5 minutes for questions)Oral presentations will be scheduled during the concurrent sessions in the conference program within the theme that they are best suited to.
- Interactive Workshop (60 minutes)
Presenters will need to advise if there will be a maximum number of participants.
- Static Poster (must not exceed A0 portrait style)
Static posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference. Each poster will be allocated a panel. Presenters will need to attend their poster during lunch on Friday to facilitate discussion.
Whilst you will be asked to indicate your preferred presentation format the Program Committee may request an alternative format be considered.
All abstracts will undergo a peer-review process by the program committee. The Program Committee will allocate abstracts to the program taking into account the quality of each abstract and the balance of the program.
Lactation consultants (IBCLC), doctors, midwives, nurses, allied health professionals, Maternal Child
Health nurses, public health staff, childbirth educators, community breastfeeding support group
volunteers and others providing care for mothers, infants and their families.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Preparing your Abstract
- The abstract word limit is 250 words
- Your abstract is to be text based only
- Use a descriptive presentation title. Use title case (upper and lower case).
Please read the following instructions before you submit your abstract.
- You may select an oral presentation, poster presentation or workshop presentation as your preference, however it will be at the discretion of the Scientific Committee to determine which presentation type, if accepted, will be allocated to an abstract.
- Abstracts may only be submitted online and will not be accepted by fax, email or post.
- The LCANZ 2021 Conference Secretariat will notify all abstract submitters of acceptance via email in early June 2021
- All authors accepted for any presentation type must register for the conference and pay the applicable registration fee by 23 August 2021
- The submitting author (if different from the presenting author) will be the contact linked to the abstract and will receive all relevant information via email. It is the submitting author’s responsibility to ensure that all correspondence relating to the abstract submission is circulated to all presenting authors.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in conference collateral exactly as the final version is submitted. Abstracts will not be edited by the conference secretariat or scientific committee. It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
A SUCCESSFUL ABSTRACT
- Must not exceed 250 words, excluding the title, authors and institutions
- Will include a personal biography (up to 50 words) for each presenting author
- Will clearly state the aims of the presentation and how it relates to the theme
HOW TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
- Visit the abstract submission portal: https://leishman.eventsair.com/lcanz-2021/call-for-abstracts
- Create a user account profile for the abstract submission portal and fill in required information
- Select Abstract Submission’ tab
- Enter all presentation details including title, themes and authors.
- Paste or type in your abstract text in the text box provided (note that formatting will not be carried across)
- Review submission, accept terms and conditions and press ‘submit’
- Amendments can be made to abstract submissions up until the abstract submission close date. To do this, log back into the submission portal and select “Edit Abstracts”
- More than one abstract can be submitted within a user account profile
WHO INTERNATIONAL CODE OF MARKETING OF BREASTMILK SUBSTITUTES
LCANZ is the peak professional body for lactation consultants with the primary purpose to support protect and promote breastfeeding. LCANZ supports the World Health Organisation (WHO) International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and World Health Assembly’s Subsequent Resolutions.
With the aim of being transparent and ensuring there is a delineation between education and marketing, all speakers who submit an abstract are requested to include a declaration of all present or past conflict of interest inclusive of involvement with all companies/institutions if they are/were WHO code violators are not. If you do not have any conflicts of interest this must also be stated. Abstracts will not be reviewed unless the declaration is completed when submitting an abstract online.
For all enquiries please contact:
LCANZ 2021 Conference Secretariat
c/- Leishman Associates
227 Collins Street, Hobart, TAS 7000
Tel: +61 3 6234 7844